HomeForHisGlory, Inc. is an area-wide ministry that exists to serve Christ by serving the local homeschool community.
Our mission is to bring glory to God in all that we do.
Our purpose is to inform and educate homeschool parents, promote individual support groups, strengthen relationships within our homeschool community, as well as serve as an outreach to our local community.
The HomeForHisGlory Yahoo list began in June 1999 and today has over 1100 subscribers.
In 2006, we established HomeForHisGlory-Educational Co-op at two campuses. We now have three campuses in the Louisville area and three campuses outside the Louisville area with a middle school high school co-op in the evening.
The goal of HomeForHisGlory, Inc. is to provide valuable resources for the homeschool community in Kentuckiana and to grow our community closer through real life opportunities and events, such as HFHG Live Meetings, Educational Co-ops, Annual Homeschool Fair, Field Trips, Service Projects and Academic Testing.
When you support the ministry of HomeForHisGlory, you support homeschoolers across Kentuckiana! Many volunteers put in hours and hours of time to provide educational and fun opportunities for all of our children, and for their ministry we are deeply grateful. We, as the Executive Board, have high hopes as we look forward to another great year of HFHG co-ops, fieldtrips, events, and more. We have a lot of education, fun and fellowship planned for the 2018/2019 school year!
Requirements for Membership
You must agree with our statement of faith below
- I believe there is one God who exists in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- I believe in Jesus Christ, God’s one and only son, my one and only Savior.
- I believe that our Lord Jesus Christ, born on earth fully human and fully divine, lived a sinless life, died on the cross to pay for my sins, rose bodily from the dead, and ascended into Heaven.
- I believe that I am saved only by the grace of God through faith in the atoning death of Jesus Christ.
Membership dues will be $25 for the 2018/2019 school year.
**You must be a HFHG member to participate in a HFHG co-op, Panthers sports teams or Louisville Robotics Institute.
Membership has its perks!
***Participation in large group activities at little or no extra cost
- Group field trips (with group discount rates!)
- Group service projects
- Elementary Play Dates
- Christmas Craft Fair
- Scripps-Howard Spelling Bee
- Walk Through History
- Music Recital/Art Gallery
- Young Authors Contest
- Field Day
- Graduations for K, 5th and High School
- Used Book Swap
- Opportunity to participate in co-op program
- Standardized testing
- Quarterly e-newsletter
- Group directory
- Membership card to qualify for education discount at various stores
- Opportunities to minister by helping to plan and implement events
- Ribbons or certificates for group activities
- Getting started packets/meetings for new homeschoolers
- Moms Night Out groups
- Homeschool High School National Honor Society
- HSLDA membership discount ($20 off)
- Office Depot printing discounts
- Enchanted Learning membership
How to become a member of HFHG
There are several ways to become a member of HFHG:
- Membership is just $25.00 per year per family.
- Email email@example.com and let us know you’d like to become a member. We’ll send you payment instructions.
- Sign up for membership when you register for co-op classes.
Any questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Members of the HFHG Board are as follows:
- Suellen Barnes serves as the Homeschool Fair coordinator.
- Greg Barnes serves as the HFHG Treasurer.
- Jennifer Smith serves as the HFHG Testing Coordinator.
- Eric Smith serves on the committee.
- Susan Ballerstedt serves as the Educational Co-op Director.
- Bill Ballerstedt serves on the committee.
Home For His Glory is run entirely by volunteers…homeschooling parent volunteers! If you are looking for an opportunity to serve your homeschool community, we have one for you.
Here is a list of our current committees and their leadership:
- Educational Co-op Director -Susan Ballerstedt
- Getting Started – OPEN
- Events – Teri Eisenmenger
- Elementary Activities- Katy Gray
- Homeschool Fair Coordinator -Suellen Barnes
- Achievement Testing Coordinator – Suellen Barnes
- Website Coordinator: Scot Taylor
Please see the individual committee pages for more information about each committee.
Are you ready to help? Here are the requirements for our volunteers:
- Must have homeschooled for at least one calendar year.
- Must complete a personal statement of faith.
- In order to be a coordinator, you must be on a committee for at least one year (unless agreed upon by the HFHG, Inc. Executive Board).
- Must agree to uphold the HFHG, Inc. Mission Statement and policies set forth in the By-Laws.
Email us at email@example.com if you’d like to join our volunteers!
The HFHG Yahoo group is an exciting place to be! There are 800-1000 emails per month on this very active list! There are emails about just about any activity or event related to homeschooling in the Louisville, Kentucky and Southern Indiana areas, plus for sale items, tips on good deals in the area, general “kid” issue discussion, and more. And if there is something you want to know that you can’t find in the archives, just ask! You’ll be sure to get the answers you need.
We would love to see you on our Yahoo group! To join our Yahoo group, you must:
1) agree with our statement of faith:
*I believe there is one God who exists in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
* I believe in Jesus Christ, God’s one and only son, my one and only Savior.
* I believe that our Lord Jesus Christ, born on earth fully human and fully divine, lived a sinless life, died on the cross to pay for my sins, rose bodily from the dead, and ascended into Heaven.
* I believe that I am saved only by the grace of God through faith in the atoning death of Jesus Christ.
2) currently be homeschooling your children, or planning to homeschool your children in the near future.
To join the Yahoo group, click here.
And here’s a TIP: You may want to set your messages to Daily Digest! All of the HFHG emails will be grouped into daily emails instead of getting each one individually in your inbox. The upside: your inbox isn’t overflowing. The downside: there may be a delay before you get an email….so that email that is giving away 2 free tickets to the concert tonight…well, you may miss those.