Thank you for visiting the Charlotte Mason Fellowship homepage. We are a Christian community of homeschoolers that meets on Wednesdays to share the feast with our scholars. We meet for 12 weeks in the fall and spring.
God created in children an innate desire to discover, explore and learn about the world around them. It is our goal as parents to cultivate this love of learning and equip our children to enjoy a life-long process of learning. The Charlotte Mason Fellowship, a HFHG co-op, will began September on Wednesdays at the International Christian Center (ICC), 3726 Bardstown Road, Louisville, KY 40218. We will present a generous curriculum, including nature study, art, geography, picture and music study, handicrafts, as well as citizenship via Plutarch and Shakespeare.
This school year (2016-2017) we offer enrichment classes for Forms I, II, and III. Scholars must be a minimum of age six by the start of classes in order to participate in Form I-III. Younger siblings of scholars may participate in Form 0 or the nursery. Older siblings may participate in study hall or assist in appropriate areas once approved by the scholar’s parents and the leadership board. Updated information for the 2017-2018 school year will be available around April 15, 2017
Registration for fall semester is full. Please continue to practice the Charlotte Mason principles, and watch for the information meeting for next school year (2017-2018) in spring 2017. If you have not already joined Charlotte Mason in the Metro facebook page, please consider doing this. It provides an environment of encouragement for those who practice the Charlotte Mason principles. Updated information for the 2017-2018 school year will be available around April 15, 2017
Classes meet for 12 weeks. Six weeks we meet for classes at the ICC. Alternating weeks, we meet at selected nature sites for nature studies. Scholars will be assigned to appropriate forms based on age and experience. Scholars remain with the form throughout the day and school year.
Class schedule days begin at 9 am and end at 12:00. Doors open 30 minutes before to permit scholars to complete their age-appropriate set up task. Clean up is completed by adults and scholars after the completion of classes at 12:00.
- June 15, 2016: Applications postmarked by this date will be in the first round of considerations for participation.
- July 15, 2016: Notification, to the first round of applicants, of acceptance to CMF will be delivered via email.
- August 31, 2016: Orientation at ICC, 9 am
- September 11, 2016: Meet and greet hike and picnic.
- September 14 & 28, October 12 & 26, November 9 and 30, 2016: Meet at ICC for classes
- September 21, October 5 & 19, November 2 and 16, December 7, 2016: Meet at nature sites.
- November 23, 2016: No meeting
- Tentative Spring class dates are: February 15 – May 10.2017